Building a Brighter Future for Augusta
Hi, I’m Jordan Johnson and I want to be your next County Commissioner for District One. I have decided to run for the Augusta Commission because I care about the future of our community. In order for Augusta to continue to flourish, we have to focus on building strong communities while putting people over silly politics. This includes supporting local small business owners, exploring affordable and workforce housing solutions, and addressing blight and abandoned properties.
I love Augusta! I grew up in Oak Pointe (Delta Manor) and Dogwood Terrace (South Side), and graduated from Cross Creek High School. I am a proud member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated!
What Have I Done?
* Chairman of the Richmond County Democratic Party
* New Leaders Council-Augusta Class of 2017/Recruitment Committee 2017-2018
* Advisory Board Member for the Richmond County Sheriff’s Office
* Richmond County School Council Chairman ( Two RCSS Schools )
* Radio Talk Show Host, Something to Talk About Live
* CSRA Saving Our Students ( Anti Bullying Organization )
* WRDW 2017 Time to Care Award Recipient
* 2016 Community Together As One Award Recipient
* 2016 Jobs for Georgia Graduates Appreciation Award Recipient
* CSRA Martin Luther King Jr. Observance Executive Director
* Northeast Region Director - YDG
* Political Director, 2016-2017 - YDG
District One is my home and I ask you to let me serve you as your next commissioner.